Paul Chong Fine Art

Blog

New Painting - Greenfield Sunflowers Parade


For the majority of my time in creating art, the outdoor landscape has always been my main subject. What I am always captivated about the outdoors is the sense of freedom and breathtaking excitement, especially when the weather is cool and relaxing. For this particular painting, I am just in the mood to create something more delicate, a close look into the living, just like this beautiful and attractive group of sunflowers. Surrounded by a background of green pasture, which eventually helps to accentuate the contrasting color of the bright warm sunflowers. So, here it is. Enjoy!   Title: Greenfield Sunflowers Parade (16.1x20.8 In. [...]

Read More


New Painting - Winter and Warmth


Well, winter is here and is cold outside. What's better to do than to stay indoor to work on some new artwork! I have always been fascinated with the landscape of Yosemite National Park. Having seen so many great photographs of the park, I've decided to create one with my old and trusty brushes. Since it is winter time,  why not paint a snow scene of the mountain? I pondered. So, here it is, I am sharing my process of how the artwork is being developed overtime from a simple sketch to the final result. As always, I use vibrant colors to [...]

Read More